Friday, November 06, 2015

Thank you

LA County got sued Because the resource classes weren't doing anything for the dyslexic students in them They would just vegetate When I was in high school the black girls in the class read my poems Read my short stories They seen me Encourage me to believe in myself, Seen my strengths see my powers Seen through the false reflections, and distortions of the school. Of the adults The black girls would not let me be anything less then what I was meant to be They would not let my or the adult world false reflections diminish me They see my future self and encourage me I worked on my short stories in the resource class I worked on my book in the resource class with them I dreamt of my future self Now I am a therapist much later life, I'm a professional writer I am a father I'm a competent professional She recognized me just like they recognize me She would not let me hide from myself just like they would not let me high for myself I'm forever thankful and grateful Voice to text draft Anthony cavuoti

No comments: